A trip to Mill Creek Farm consists of a one-hour tour of the farm and facilities. During the tour your group will explore the many aspects of urban farming including our chemical free/sustainable growing practices, composting, food access, our bee apiary as well as demonstration projects such as our innovative tool-shed made of recycled and salvaged materials, a composting toilet, a living roof, cob (a natural building method) walls and oven, solar electricity, and a found object mosaic.
Our educational programming can be adapted for all ages and we can link activities to themes relevant to the group (i.e. urban/vacant land use, community service, nutrition, environmental stewardship, plant life cycles, sustainability, etc.). If your group (teenagers & older) is interested in expanding the trip to include farm work, please contact us for arrangements.
As a nonprofit, we rely on contributions for our educational programs.
Current rates are as follows:
- Public Schools in the Mill Creek Neigborhood: FREE OF CHARGE.
- Elementary Students: $6/student.
- Middle School to High School Students: $8/student.
- Colleges, universities, and conference groups: $150/groups of fifteen or less; $10 for each additional person over 15.
- Companies: $300/event for groups of fifteen or less; $20 for each additional participant over 15.
To plan a field trip for your class, group, or organization, please fill out the form below. Mill Creek Urban Farm Tour Form Link ===> Schedule a farm tour
A member of our staff will contact you to discuss the arrangements of your tour and the balance. Give thanks.
P.S. Do not use the submit button, it will not work. Its form a old program that we are trying to figure out how to remove. Thanks